By providing your details you confirm you agree with our Terms and conditions and Privacy notice
Entrust icon 100% Secure


Tenants' contents insurance

While you rent a home, we can protect your personal belongings.

  • Up to £2,000,000 in liability cover in respect of injury, illness or damage to property occurring to someone else
  • The policy covers up to £1,500 for any one single item as standard
  • The policy can offer protection for any contents that are temporarily moved from the home to any UK address for up to 60 days
Feefo Logo
Constructaquote Feefo Star Rating

Rated out of 5
from reviews

28 years of insuring business Call Us
Feefo Rating Image

L and S Diamond Cleaning

quotation marks

I had a great helper who helped me get the right amount of cover for who I needed it for so happy

quotation marks

What is tenants’ contents insurance?

Tenants’ contents insurance is not a legal requirement but is useful to have if you live in a rented property and own any valuable items. This cover can protect you should any of your valuables be stolen or damaged.

Almost all of your personal items can be covered by our tenants’ contents insurance including:

Whether you rent a property in its entirety or share a house of multiple occupancy, here at, we can help secure tenants’ contents insurance to fit your needs. Cover is available for single items or for an entire house contents.

For additional peace of mind, your tenants’ contents insurance policy also includes accidental damage as standard. This means that if you were personally responsible for damaging an item included in your policy, a claim for a replacement could be made.

Why do I need tenants’ contents insurance?

No matter how careful you are, there is always a risk that your possessions could be stolen or damaged.  It’s not just high-value goods that could be at risk, every day common items can sometimes be forgotten about. Items such as furnishings, toys, kitchen appliances and even gardening equipment can be costly to replace, so it is worth checking the value of every item in your home carefully.  

What level of cover do I need?

The level of cover will vary between policies, so it is important to check the details of your policy carefully.  

Before taking out your tenants’ contents insurance policy you will be asked to estimate the value of the contents you want to insure. Items with a value of £1,000 or more may have to be listed separately. Your policy will need to be updated each time you buy an item that you want including in your cover. Estimating the value of your contents can be quite difficult  - the ‘sum insured’ is the maximum amount that the policy will pay out if your contents are destroyed, so it is important to make sure that you have the right level of cover.

At, our tenants’ contents insurance cover will provide a maximum of £7,500 in total for a single claim and a maximum of £1,500 for any single item. We also offer up to £1,500 for any personal items that are lost or damaged away from the home.  However, there is a £500 limit for any mobile phones that are lost or damaged.

Underinsuring your contents could mean that your policy is inaccurate and in the event of a claim, you may not receive the appropriate value for your goods.  However, overestimating the value of your contents could mean a more expensive policy premium. It is important to check exactly what contents you have and wish to be covered in your policy, including items in areas such as an attic, garage or garden shed.

What isn’t covered by tenants’ contents insurance?

Tenants’ contents insurance doesn’t provide cover for every eventuality. For example, the policies we offer will not include:

As an optional extra, tenants’ liability insurance could also be taken out. This means that if your landlord’s property is stolen or damaged, the costs can be covered. You may not need it but it can be useful to have in case you were to break or damage property which belongs to your landlord.

How do I get tenants’ contents insurance from

Whatever your circumstances, if you live in rented property, here at we can help provide the tenants’ contents insurance you want – start your quote using the online quote facility on this page, or give us a call on 08081 68 68 68 and speak to one of our knowledgeable team now.


Related Products