By providing your details you confirm you agree with our Terms and conditions and Privacy notice
Entrust icon 100% Secure


Removal Insurance

Keep your business and crew safe and happy, but getting the insurance you need through

Why us?

  • We've been established in the insurance industry since 1990.
  • Our Employers’ Liability policies provide £10 million of cover as standard.
  • If you need assistance with your policy, our UK based contact centre is here to help.
Feefo Logo
Constructaquote Feefo Star Rating

Rated out of 5
from reviews

28 years of insuring business Call Us

What is removal insurance?

Removal insurance is designed to cover removal companies while they execute their duties. Removal companies are typically busy all-year-round: after all, thousands of businesses move premises, and thousands of people move home, on a weekly basis. Removal insurance is designed to cover any accidents, issues or injuries sustained while operating such a service. It’s important to have the right policy in place, as your removal business could find itself out of pocket if a claim-worthy situation arises.

When looking for removal insurance, you should consider the size of your business and the number of vehicles you currently have in operation. The last thing you want to do is underinsure your fleet, but you’ll also want to be cautious of over-insuring and not getting the value for money that you deserve. To keep insurance costs down, it’s good practice to only employ experienced drivers who do not hold any convictions.

Who needs removal insurance?

Any business that operates a removals/delivery fleet will need removal insurance to cover every eventuality. The removals trade comes with its own unique set of risks, which means that removal firms should give plenty of thought to the sort of policy they require.

If you operate a removals service, you’ll be fully aware of how integral your vehicles are to the successful running of your business. When you choose the right removal insurance policy, you’re protecting your livelihood.

By law, all removal companies need commercial van insurance to protect other road users. In addition to this, removals companies will want to consider goods in transit/storage insurance. After all, the last thing your business needs is to deal with after the stress of damaging a customer’s valued possessions is to be hit with a claim for compensation.

What does removal insurance cover?

The size of your removal company will ultimately dictate what sort of removal insurance policy you choose. To begin with, most removal companies will want fleet insurance. This covers vehicles on the road.

Removal companies obviously make their money by carefully transporting the valued possessions of their customers. Goods in transit insurance is vital to cover the cost of repairs or replacement items in the event of anything untoward happening during transit. If your company has the same drivers operating the same vehicle every day, named driver cover could be beneficial, as it helps to reduce the cost of your premium. If you have drivers on a temporary or ad-hoc basis, you will need “any driver” cover, which covers your vehicles regardless of who is driving them.

If your removal company employs people, even on a part-time or casual basis, you will need employers' liability insurance as part of your policy. Employers' liability insurance is required by law and covers your company against claims for compensation made by employees who have become injured on the job.


  1. Specialist commercial van broker service and experience
  2. Option to cover for hire and reward
  3. Large panel of insurers with optional extras for you and your business
  4. Dedicated customer support with a UK based contact centre
  5. Ability to cover fleet

Read our blogs

Read our FAQ's

These include:

  • Micro/Small/Light – used to carry small loads or deliveries. The front end is similar to a car, but with a van back, and sometimes with a raised roof.
  • Medium/Panel – van derivative of a car, looks like the van equivalent with the back windows filled. Load area and cab are joined.
  • Large/Box – similar shape to the medium vans with a larger carrying capacity, load area is segregated from the cab.
  • Pick-up – cab with an open back, where the load is uncovered.

Read More

Yes, breakdown cover can be arranged please call 08081 68 68 68 to get a quote.

Read More

Yes, our insurers have specific insurance policies set up designed for couriers. In addition, we can also provide goods in transit cover to give you total peace of mind. 

Read More

When quoting for there are some slight differences as insurers have to include some of the following added risks:

  • The total weight of the loaded vehicle.
  • The size, type or nature of the contents carried i.e. hazardous load.
  • Modifications such as lifting ramps.
  • Ownership of the contents within i.e. do the goods belong to the vehicle owner?

Read More

Related Products