By providing your details you confirm you agree with our Terms and conditions and Privacy notice
Entrust icon 100% Secure


Property maintenance and repair insurance

We know you need the right cover at a fair price. That's why we're here to help you find the policy that suits your business

Why choose us?

  • Established in 1990, we have years of experience in helping businesses get the cover they need.
  • Our team is customer focused with a UK based contact centre.
  • Get a free quote in minutes.
  • Instant cover and policy documents.
Feefo Logo
Constructaquote Feefo Star Rating

Rated 4.8 out of 5
from 1387 reviews

28 years of insuring business Call Us

What is property maintenance & repair insurance?

Property maintenance & repair insurance is a mixture of different policies that can cover your business, with public liability as standard and the ability to add additional types of cover if your business needs it.

When you work as a tradesman or handyman, you might find there are a lot of risks that you work with.  This is why public liability can protect your business from claims arising from third party injury and property damage.  Public Liability can protect your business from a claim, allowing you to focus on your work.

This could be a ladder falling on a passer-by, spilling paint and causing stains, someone tripping on your tools etc. This is where public liability insurance steps in by covering the costs (up to £10 million) for legal fees and any financial awards made to the claimant.

This means that if the worst were to happen and someone became injured or property was damaged, your public liability insurance could give you the peace of mind knowing that you’re covered against potentially huge bills.

Do handymen need insurance?

Employers’ liability insurance is a legal requirement, so if you do hire another person then you will need this type of cover as a handyman. Most other covers are not legal requirements, but do offer protection for risks that your business comes in contact with regularly. 

Public liability is the most common policy bought for these trades as it protects you from claims of third party property damage and injury. This allows your customers to feel at ease knowing they are covered if something goes wrong.

As you can be using a lot of expensive tools and equipment in your trade, you might find that contractors all risk offers protection for items such as your tools, the plant and equipment you use on site, as well as the materials required to finish the job.

We can also help you find van insurance, goods in transit, professional indemnity and more. At, we’re can help you find the policies that best suit your business.

What does property maintenance and repair insurance cover?

Public liability insurance is designed to cover you if a claim is made against you or your business for injury to people, or damage to third party property. Public liability insurance can step in by covering the costs (up to £10 million) for legal fees and any financial awards made to the claimant.

Contractors all risk insurance is designed to offer you the protection you need for the tools of your trade, the plant and equipment you may be using on site, and the materials required to get the job done.

If you employ anyone else to help run your business, the answer is you will need employers’ liability insurance. Many trades may be carried out on a single-handed basis, but as your business grows and you take on one or more employees, the law says that you must have employers’ liability insurance.


  1. UK based contact centre trained to help you with your insurance queries
  2. Flexibility to adapt your policies throughout the year
  3. Since 1990, we've been helping businesses find the cover they need to stay protected
  4. Ability to obtain a policy with cover up to £10 million

Read our Guides

Read our FAQ's

Before insurers quote you a premium for your CAR policy, they will first consider a number of factors…

Read More

Sometimes temporary site buildings are automatically included in a policy as long as these are the insured works originally stipulated when…

Read More

The normal limits are £1m, £2m or £5m. This can be extended up to £10m or more if required. 

Read More

As an employer in the UK, you’ll need to protect yourself and your company against claims of negligence brought by…

Read More

Related Products