By providing your details you confirm you agree with our Terms and conditions and Privacy notice
Entrust icon 100% Secure


Dance teachers insurance

Our fully trained insurance experts are on hand to help you find the cover you need at a competitive price.

Why us?

  • Our business has been built up since 1990 working with small businesses just like yours
  • Our UK contact centre staff are trained to help you with all your queries
  • Our employers' liability insurance comes with £10 million cover as standard
Feefo Logo
Constructaquote Feefo Star Rating

Rated out of 5
from reviews

28 years of insuring business Call Us

What is dance teachers' insurance?

As a dance teacher, insurance probably won't be the most exciting thing on your to do list today, so we aim to get you covered with as little fuss as possible. No matter what style of dance you teach, you have certain liabilities which you must insure against. This means that you need insurance in case of claims against you. Insurance for dance teachers usually includes elements such as cover against injury claims and property damage. In addition, if you employ anyone else, the law requires you to have employer's liability insurance which covers you in the event of any injury to your staff or damage to their property. Finally, if you have expensive equipment such as musical instruments and sound systems, you may wish to insure against theft and damage to these. If a claim is made against you and you are found liable, you could be ordered to pay a large sum of money. Our insurance gives you peace of mind so you can get on with the job you love.

Who needs dance teachers' insurance?

You need dance teachers' insurance if you are teaching dance in any of its forms and to any age group. Teaching ballet, hip hop, Bollywood, street dance, ballroom, Latin and every other style all come with a duty of care to your pupils. Injuries may be more likely with some styles and age of pupils, but you'll know that injuries can occur to anyone who dances. Since you may be blamed for the injury and held liable, you need to have insurance. Whether you're teaching from your own premises or hiring a studio, you'll still need insurance because of the risk of injury or damage to property that you could be held liable for. Anyone who is an employer also needs employers' liability insurance cover, so whether you employ someone as a teacher, administrator or in any other capacity, you'll need the appropriate insurance in place.

What does dance teachers' insurance cover?

We have many years of experience in arranging insurance for small businesses like yours, so you can be sure you're getting what you need. Your particular requirements will vary according to the specifics of your business, but the main element you're likely to need is insurance against public liability claims, which typically gives you an indemnity against claims of up to 1 million pounds. This figure could be higher depending on the size and scope of your business. Employers' liability insurance cover is required by law and you must have at least 5 million pounds of cover. Our employers' liability insurance covers claims of up to 10 million pounds as standard. You can also choose to have insurance against damage, loss or theft of equipment, or more comprehensive cover that will provide replacement of old for new equipment.

Since 1990, we have been arranging insurance for small businesses and all our contact centres are now entirely UK based, so let us assist you to find the insurance you need today.


  1. Since 1990, we've been helping businesses find the cover they need to stay protected
  2. UK based contact centre trained to help you with your insurance queries
  3. Ability to obtain a policy with cover up to £10 million
  4. Flexibility to adapt your policies throughout the year

Read our guides

Read our FAQ's

The normal limits are £1m, £2m or £5m. This can be extended up to £10m or more if required. 

Read More

As an employer in the UK, you’ll need to protect yourself and your company against claims of negligence brought by an employee. It’s a legal requirement for you to take out employers liability insurance cover to insure against liability for injury or disease to your employees arising out of them working for you.

Read More

Before insurers quote you a premium for your contractors' all risk policy, they will first consider a number of factors in order to determine what kind of risk you are.

Such factors will include the scope, value, location and duration of the work you will be undertaking.

Read More

Related Products