By providing your details you confirm you agree with our Terms and conditions and Privacy notice
Entrust icon 100% Secure


Pub Insurance

When spirits are high, inhibitions go out the door. At we understand the need for quality cover for your public house, inn or bar. So whether you own or lease and have a kitchen, kids play area or dance floor we’ll help you to find the right cover for your pub at the right price.

Why us?

  • Employers Liability cover of £10 million as standard for your employees
  • Cover for all drinking establishments – pubs, inns and wine and cocktail bars.
  • Money cover and glass cover as standard
  • Loss of license cover
  • Personal assaults in work hours - now included at no extra cost
Feefo Logo
Constructaquote Feefo Star Rating

Rated out of 5
from reviews

28 years of insuring business Call Us

What is pub insurance?

Pub insurance is designed to offer protection to pub owners or leasers to cover the business from hazards, risks and other incidents that the average licensee can face on a day-to-day basis. This coverage protects your business against a variety of pub-specific circumstances and issues that can easily affect a business negatively if liability is involved.

For the average pub, there are significant risks involved in the daily running. From the risk of accidental or malicious damage to concerns about theft, flooding or fire, ensuring your livelihood is covered is vital to the long-term success of your business as an owner or licensee. Public liability insurance, for example, offers protection if a member of the public were to suffer accident or injury as it could result in costly compensation claims.

At, we use our expertise to match pub owners and licensees with the best insurance for their needs. This means, should the worst happen, your business is covered – and your investment is protected by cover that does far more than letting your business tick over.

Who needs pub insurance?

If you license or own a pub, then pub insurance is a sensible business decision for you. While, by law, landlords of pubs are not specifically required to hold certain types of insurance, that doesn’t mean it isn’t a bright idea to ensure you’re covered for every eventuality. This is especially true when you consider the nature of pubs, in which members of the public are often under the influence; which can lead to increased risk of breakages, accidents and injuries.

To provide a duty of care both to your staff and the public, having liability insurance in place can offer a level of cover that’s a must to stay on track. With the increased chance of hazard and the possibility of problems with employees, making sure you’re covered is the best thing you can do for your business – which is why taking out comprehensive insurance is an excellent business decision all-round.

We offer insurance that includes all you need for your pub, from £10 million employers' liability to full-coverage public liability as part of our pub insurance plans.

What does pub insurance cover?

The amount of coverage pub insurance offers depends on your specific business requirements. Starting at £10 million as standard, our employers' liability is a top choice for many pub owners, as it is a legal requirement for any company that employs staff. Personal assault cover can also be included in this liability protection to ensure your team are covered for any incident.

We also offer comprehensive building & contents cover for pub licensees, which includes money and glass cover as standard in addition to contents cover for personal belongings, stock and furnishings. For a business open to the public, having the highest level of protection is a must, which is why public liability insurance is also highly recommended, if not legally required.

At, we provide cover that’s ideally suited for your business. Whether you’re looking for a policy that covers it all, or you’re thinking about hiring employees for the first time, our insurance provides the legal and ethical requirements needed to be a responsible business owner.


  1. Since 1990, we've been helping businesses find the cover they need to stay protected
  2. UK based contact centre trained to help you with your insurance queries
  3. Flexibility to adapt your policies throughout the year
  4. Your cover can include own plant & tools, hired in plant and contract works

Read our guides

Read our FAQ's

Before insurers quote you a premium for your policy, they will first consider a number of factors…

Read More

The normal limits are £1m, £2m or £5m. This can be extended up to £10m or more if required. 

Read More

As an employer in the UK, you’ll need to protect yourself and your company against claims of negligence brought by…

Read More

If you have been working without a professional indemnity policy, we can backdate your professional indemnity insurance policy provided that…

Read More

Related Products