Shop Insurance ensures complete peace of mind for your retail business. Within your shop insurance quote we can include public and employers liability cover, which will protect you against injury claims of members of your staff or the public entering your establishment.
Included within your shop insurance quote is business interruption insurance.
Business interruption covers your retail business against those losses that occur following an insured loss. For example, if your retail business suffered a major fire and you couldn't trade, business interruption insurance could pay for your lost earnings or additional costs for this period. For many shopkeepers, this is an essential part of their retail & shop insurance package.
Seasonal increase on stock for any three months in the year up to £500,000
• Cover for trade samples and goods held in trust anywhere in Europe up to £5,000
• Property whilst at any exhibition stand in Europe including transit up to £10,000
• Automatic cover for buildings and machinery that you purchase during the period of insurance up to £500,000
• Temporary removal of machinery whilst being cleaned or repaired
• Costs and expenses in locating the source of water damage up to £10,000
• Nameplates, lamps and signs up to £500.
• The cost of changing locks following theft of keys up to £1,000
• Theft of computer and audio visual equipment at your premises up to £50,000
Provides cover including the breakdown of your computer equipment. This section can also be extended to include the increase in working expenses to right the damage and the cost of reinstating any lost data.
• Digital cameras and projectors used for processing, communicating and storing data up to £2,500
• Replacing incompatible software or programs following a loss up to £25,000
• Costs to investigate repairs to damaged equipment up to £25,000
Goods in Transit
Cover for your goods or stock whilst in transit, over land or water, anywhere in Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.
• Cover for your employees personal belongings up to £500
• Losses to sheets, ropes and packing materials
Glass - Provides cover for the breakage of all external and internal glass at your premises including sanitary fittings.
• Costs incurred in boarding up damaged glass
• Contents of display windows
• Costs of replacing alarm foil, lettering, painting or other ornamental work on glass
Deterioration of foods following the breakdown of refrigeration units or accidental failure of the public electricity supply
Cover for your plant and machinery following damage.
You can select from:
• Sudden and unforeseen damage
• Breakdown, explosion or collapse
• Accidental damage
• Liability for the plant you have hired in
• Automatic cover for any additional plant or machinery you have obtained
• Expenses for temporary replacement property following damage up to £10,000
Cover can be extended to include Terrorism.
Cover that protects you against loss of money and other property following theft or fraud by your employees
• Professional fees required to establish extent of loss
• Cost of labour to reinstate destroyed or erased computer records
• Cheque forgery
• Losses occurring under a previous policy once the discovery period has expired
• Third Party computer and fund transfer fraud
Interruption to your business following an insured loss under the Property Damage and Theft section, which results in reduced earnings and increased running costs
• Accidental failure of public electricity, gas and water supplies up to £25,000 per occurrence
• Accidental failure of telecommunication services up to £100 daily but limited to 2,500 per period of insurance
• Payment of expenses incurred despite a reduction in your income
• Additional expenses to assist you in preventing or reducing a drop in income such as overtime payments
Read more about business interruption insurance
• Damage at the premises of a customer or supplier
• Damage to property nearby which prevents access
• Subsidence, ground heave or landslip
Cover for you, your directors, partners and employees up to the age of 65 against accidental bodily injury. You can choose to protect on a named or unnamed persons basis.
Cover against accidental bodily injury
• Death, loss of limb(s), eye(s)
• Permanent total disablement from any occupation
• Temporary total disablement from usual occupation
• Temporary partial disablement
Cover is provided on a 24 hour basis but for unnamed persons you can restrict cover to injury occurring at work.
Cover includes medical and surgery expenses up to 15% of weekly compensation.
Cover for you and your employees whilst travelling on business:
• Medical expenses incurred outside of the UK
• Baggage and/or personal belongings
• Cancellation costs
This covers loss of trading profit due to interruption of the business arising from damage caused by an insured peril i.e. fire, flood etc., up to a typical period of twelve months.
Is Public & Employers Liability Insurance included?
Yes Public Liability insurance is included up to a limit of £2,000,000 depending on Insurer, and Employers liability Insurance is included up to a limit of £10,000,000.
Can you provide cover for my stock in the back of my vehicle
Yes, all of our policies include Goods In Transit cover. A standard limit depending on the Insurer is usually £2,500 cover per vehicle. However, higher limits can be quoted for upon request.
Can you also supply quotations for Public Houses?
Yes, we have facilities with several Insurers to provide quotes for this type of property.
Redcare is a method of signally provided by British Telecom. This alarm system works on an active telephone line that allows full two-way communication when passing an alarm signal to an alarm receiving centre. The line itself is also monitored, so if cut, a signal is sent to the alarm receiving centre notifying them of the situation. Redcare GSM is a more effective method where the alarm signal is sent via both the phone line and by radio waves.
24 Hour CCTV, bars or grills on windows and roller shutter doors all lessen the risk of theft.
The majority of the Insurers we use automatically include this within their policies usually up to an additional 30% increase during the Christmas & Easter periods. Depending on the Insurer you select, the exact percentage will be stated on the policy summary.
You can pay for any of our policies (subject to a deposit), by credit card, direct debit or by cheque.
No, all of our retail polices do not require the completion of a proposal form.
constructaquote.com’s online quote comparison facility means that you simply enter your details once and our panel of insurers will provide competitive retail & shop insurance quotes for you to select from. You can also call our UK based sales team on 08081 686868.