If you are the owner of a beauty or nail salon, then you may typically need salon insurance to protect your business premises, and, if you have staff, in most cases you will be legally obliged to have employers’ liability insurance too.
But if you are a freelance nail technician or beautician, you may wish to consider nail technician insurance in order to protect your livelihood and reputation. Public liability insurance for nail technicians is designed to step in should a client make a claim against you for injury, loss or damage caused by you carrying out your job.
If you are in the nail or beauty business, no matter how well you do your job and how professional you are, you are still potentially vulnerable to claims from the public. For example:
- While visiting a client in their own home, you accidentally spill nail varnish on their real wood flooring, and you will have to cover the cost of the damages
- You are carrying out a pedicure and the water in a foot spa burns a client’s feet, leaving you facing a claim for compensation
- A client gets a nail infection following a manicure and blames you for unsanitary instruments.
Manicurist insurance can be portable, meaning you have the cover wherever you go, whether you rent a room at a salon, work from home or visit clients in their own home.
Why use constructaquote.com for your nail technician liability insurance?
- We are small business specialists, servicing over 33,000 policies a year
- At constructaquote.com we are proud of our great service - 95% of our customer reviews are good or excellent.
- We have been helping customers just like you for over 25 years, meaning we understand the exact cover that your business needs.
- Easy nail tech insurance quote online and buy options available.
Do nail technicians need insurance?
Whether you are a self-employed nail technician in a salon or clinic, or you are a mobile beautician visiting your clients at home, typically you may need the peace of mind offered by nail technicians liability insurance to financially protect you and your nail business.
Why is this?
As a freelancer, you may work in many places – at a client’s home, in a salon where you rent a room or chair, or at your own home. If you are responsible for damaging something they own while carrying out your business activities, then you will have to pay to put things right – potentially racking up a hefty bill.
As a freelancer, it’s likely that a claim against you for indirect injury – for example, a client gets a nail infection due to work you have carried out on their hands - could literally cost you your business.
Claims of this nature can typically run in to hundreds of thousands of pounds – money you will typically have to find yourself if you do not have nail tech insurance.
Think about what would happen if someone made a compensation claim against you for loss, damage or injury:
- Could you afford to take time off work defending yourself in court?
- Could you afford to pay for legal fees? Even if you win the case, typically you may still need to pay for your own costs. If you lose the case, you will typically be liable for the claimant’s legal costs too
- If an award is made against you, could you afford to pay for the costs (which could typically run in to hundreds of thousands of pounds?)
- What would happen to your reputation? It may be damaged meaning you lose clients.
This is why you may wish to consider a nail technician public liability insurance policy, because the cost of compensation, damages and legal fees will typically be covered (up to pre-set limits).
If a claim is made against you, get in touch with your insurance company and they’ll take care of the insured costs. This means you won’t even have to stop working as the claim is being dealt with and, if the claimant wins the case, they will get the compensation paid by the insurer – so your reputation will not be damaged.
How much does public liability insurance cost?
At constructaquote.com we pride ourselves on offering what we believe is cost-effective, comprehensive public liability insurance for manicurists and beauticians.
And while we would like to say we offer cheap nail tech insurance, our focus is offering good value cover that makes sure all your bases are covered.
While we endeavour to offer the cheapest nail tech insurance possible, we also believe in providing the cover that gives you and your livelihood the protection it needs.
Business insurance for your car
If you travel to people’s homes to provide beauty treatments, then you may need specialist motor insurance cover, as well as cover for any equipment and stock that travels with you.
Want to find out more about nail tech insurance or business motor insurance cover? Then why not get a quote now? If you like what you see, you can buy online, giving you immediate cover. Or, get in touch today and one of our dedicated team will be more than happy to help.