Business Development Manager
Apply For This Role
- To actively contribute to the development of the strategic direction of the organisation and to work collaboratively across the organisation to help achieve corporate objectives and foster an atmosphere of mutual support
- Ability to effectively plan and organise personal sales activities in order to achieve and exceed agreed sales targets.
- Plan and manage personal business portfolio / territory / business according to the market development strategy.
- Ability to communicate to all stakeholders promoting a professional and positive image of company at all times.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods, and relevant internal liaison, to optimise quality of service, business growth, and customer satisfaction.
- Respond to and follow up client enquiries using appropriate methods.
- Liaise internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable development.
- Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
- Set high personal standards for achievement and shows determination to meet goals in the face of pressure or difficulties
- Ensure effective cascade of local and business communications.
- Has the flexibility to adapt to changes in the organisational environment and to sustain heavy work demands when necessary.
What exactly is required
Regulatory and Moorhouse Practices
Demonstrate an awareness and compliant with the FCA principles for business.
- To ensure you comply with the companies procedures and the regulations laid down by law, and raise any concerns or issues to your manager.
- Has an awareness of the changes and development in regulation and the impact these have on the business.
- An understanding of procedures such as ICOB, Treating Customers Fairly concept and FOS.
- Comply with the Data Protection Regulations both in the office and in communications with clients.
- Enforce the Anti-Money Laundering procedures and ensure best practice in your role.
- Have an excellent understanding of complaint handling and company processes and procedures for dealing with them.
- To comply with the policies and procedures outlined in the employee handbook.
- To have an excellent understanding of insurance products in your area.
- To ensure your product knowledge is consistently up to date through continual personal development and the attendance of workshops and training sessions
- Achieved or working towards the Chartered Institute of Insurers Certificate
- To use relevant software packages and required business systems in work production
- To have an understanding of Microsoft Outlook / Word / Excel / Power point
What should be demonstrated
To provide written communications to company standards.
To communicate verbally in a professional and polite manner to all levels within the company.
Able to listen effectively.
Have excellent negotiation skills.
Planning / Organisation
Able to manage own workload effectively and arranges cover when absent.
Will adhere to deadlines.
Understands the company’s objectives and strives to push the business toward its aims.
Makes quick decisions and effectively manages a number of simultaneous tasks.
Able to show innovation in developing solutions.
Provide an excellent level of service, meeting company standards to internal and external customers.
Project a polite and professional image to all customers through all types of communications.
Anticipate work demands and prioritise / renegotiate accordingly.
Able to analyse data and reach conclusions.
Able to review team member’s statistics and make recommendations as appropriate.
Able to provide cost benefit analysis for procedures followed and evidence to support recommendations for change. Understands and manages trends and can use data to forecast.
Understands the different offerings from the competitors within the marketplace
Understands the strategic direction of competitors and contributes to development of organisational strategy as appropriate
Salary dependent on experience
Job Type: Full-time
Apply For This Role